Friday, April 11, 2014

Kirkland Signature Reposado


I am always excited when I see a tequila with a high rating from the BTI! When I saw the KS Reposado had a 92 BTI Rating, I could not pass this up! 1 liter retailing at $14.99 sold! Also, the way the tequila bottle presents itself sold me too! Nice work Costco! 

For the real test, trying the tequila. I was very impressed how smooth and delicious the reposado tequila was! It was easy to drink straight and perfecto to mix with KS Golden Margarita Wine Cocktail with a 91 BTI rating! 

Overall, I was very happy with my purchase and I am looking forward to blind tasting the KS Reposado against many named brands in the future. 

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I just bought a bottle and was looking to compare it to it's sibling, Agavales Reposado (same distiller). Agavales is $14.99 for a 750ml bottle vs $14.99 fora liter of the Costco brand. They are different--the Kirkland brand is lighter in color and bland compared to the Agavales. Another example of "you get what you pay for". The Agavales is actually comparable to another Cosco favorite from the same Nom, Megave Anejo. I'd put the Agavales between the two. Bottom line--use the Kirkland Reposado for cocktails and save the Agavales for sipping--my go-to cheap reposado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. the Agavales blanco is a steal at $10.99 750ml. Note that the Kirkland blanco is from a totally different distiller, even though the bottles are similar. I hear it's not that great, but will do for cheap margaritas. The liquor guy at my local Costco told me that...

    ReplyDelete